RPCVs on Google Earth
You can access Google Earth to display the locations of RPCVs who are associated with the Museum and read their stories. Here are tips for using it:
- You’ll see a list on the left with a list of RPCV authors and dates of service. Click on any name to open a story.
- Photos appear at the top, with the stories beneath. If there are several photos, click the left or right arrows to see them.
- To see the whole globe, return to Projects/Peace Corps Stories and click the left arrow at the top. Next, click the Menu (upper left) to again click a left arrow symbol, next to Google Earth.
- With the entire globe visible, you may hold the left-click button on your mouse and spin the globe in any direction.
- You will see “Heart” icons across the globe next to RPCV names and service dates. Click on any of these to open a story.
- As you draw closer to the RPCV’s assigned village, you may see names of countries, cities, villages, or national parks. Click on any of these sites, and you may see photos of the surrounding area.
GO TO THE MAP
Getting on the map
If you're a RPCV, you can have your place and story on the map by becoming a Museum member, then by sharing your story.